Sunday, January 8
It’s that time again- time to go over the goals that I set for myself for the past three months of my life. This was the second time I’ve done quarterly goals, and while I don’t feel like it went as well as I had hoped, this is the first time I’ll be looking over them, so we’ll see! This quarter was a busy one, and I’ll admit I forgot about the goals more than once. I managed to get my act together and work on some of them in the last month, though, so I think I did alright.
These are goals that fit in nearly every part of my life: work, school, personal life, and just trying new things. If I completed more than half of them, then I consider that quarter a goal success. If not, then it was a goal fail :(. Shout out to Jenna Moreci for giving me the idea, and let’s get started!
- Do 30 hand-lettering projects. Success! I’m glad I tried this out, but it will for sure not be on any goal lists again in the near future. I think hand-lettering is just not for me.
- Read 5 Books. Success number 2. I managed to get myself out of the reading slump that took up a lot of last year, and now I’m fresh to have a reading filled 2017.
- Finish outlining my new novel. I didn’t accomplish this. I’ve hit a road block on the outlining front, but I feel confident that I can do it this quarter!
- Write at least 50k words in my new novel. Yikes, if you read the last goal you’ll see that this was a bit difficult for me to do considering I haven’t finished planning. Fail.
- Learn the main chords on the ukulele. Fail. My ukulele is a piece of crap, and I’ve all but given up on it.
- Write at least 4 new blog posts. Well, nope.
- Enjoy my birthday. I worked very, VERY hard to accomplish this one, and succeeded. Aw yeah.
- Bake 3 things. Success! Woo!
- Write 5 new songs and write the chords down. I didn’t even sort of accomplish this one.
- Find out more about international travel during high school. Done. This was a big one, and I’m pleased to say that I’m planning a 3 week trip to Thailand this year.
- Get all A’s for the semester. Woo hoo! I mega succeeded with this one.
- Get 5 hours of community service for school. Win! *dances around room*
- Look into forming a passage committee. Nope, and this was one of the things I really really needed to get done.
- Drink more water. We’ll count this as a win, because I did manage it for a while. I’ve been falling behind lately, though.
- Establish a sleep schedule. Again, even though I have not been adhering to it for the past few weeks, I actually mega win-ed this for most of the quarter.
- Meditate once a week. Well, this flat out didn’t even sort of happen.
- Get 2 more acupuncture appointments. Win!
- Look into 2 marketing opportunities for drama club. Yep! This barely succeeded, but it did in the end so we’re good.
- Do one vocal lesson for my thespian conference individual event. Not only one, but two! Success.
- Do yoga daily. Ha! Big fail.
- Organize my money. Huge success. I’ve done this multiple times.
- Get my driver’s permit! Yay! We’re ending on a very exciting win!
So this quarter has been a…..
Success! Whoop whoop! 14 out of 22, so that is for sure over half. See you no later than in 3 months!