Tuesday, April 4
So. Another three months have come and gone, another set of goals expired. This quarter, I will admit that I feel the least confident about so far. A spike in my anxiety, a vacation to Mexico, and generally just busy time at school has resulted in a less productive quarter than I had hoped for. I haven’t looked at my goals yet, though, so without any more chit-chat I’m going to get started going over whether this quarter has been a success or a goal failure. (Check my other quarterly goal reviews to see how the goals work)
- Read 9 books. Success! I read 15 books this quarter #proud #7ofthemwereHarryPotter #noshame
- Finish outlining my new novel. FINALLY!!! This has been on my goal list for as long as I have been recording my quarterly goals, and for the first time I can say, with absolute pride, it has been accomplished.
- Make instagram announcement about first novel. Nope, I didn’t do this. And I have nothing to blame but my own laziness.
- Write at least 2 blog posts. Ehhhh, no. I did write one, so maybe that counts for something, but that something is not a goal.
- Bake 3 new things. Go Allie! I did this! (I actually don’t know for sure, but I’m like 98% sure so we’re counting it as a win)
- Write and record a new song. Ha! Fail.
- Apply for travel scholarship. No, this did not happen. However, I’m no longer looking for the scholarship so I can forgive myself for this fail.
- Get all A’s for 3rd school quarter. Success, but just barely. I was real close to ending Algebra 2 with a B, but I think I can handle a B every once and a while.
- Make a google spreadsheet for high school service hours. Done diddy done.
- Look into forming a passages committee for school. Well… I did look into it, so we can count this as a win.
- Drink more water. I did this, but I still have the dilemma of having to use the bathroom far too many times while at school if I drink as much as I want to. Grrr.
- Get together final freshman portfolio. Wow! Why I even thought that I could feasibly complete this, I have no idea. This is a 1000% fail.
- Meditate at least once weekly. Nope.
- Get two more acupuncture appointments. Yes! God bless acupuncture and its magical properties.
- Do yoga weekly. Why yes, I have completed this. I’m pretty surprised at myself.
- Set up word on my computer again. NO! But not for lack of trying; I asked my dad to help me multiple times, but somehow he’s never been free so my computer’s word app is still not working.
- Study for AP test weekly. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha no.
- Check in with teachers weekly. While it was not in the way that I had been thinking when I wrote this, I did check in with them all regularly, so I will count this as a win.
- Paint 2 new things. Yes! I painted lots of things this quarterly, and I did it just for this goal list. I’m proud of myself for setting this goal, because I knew how happy it would make me if I made it a priority.
- Get 10 more driving hours. This just did not happen. Completely my fault. Whoops
- Make a full 3-course meal for my family. Rats! I really wanted to do this, but I completely forgot about it. Hopefully next time.
- Make a converted book. Hmmm, I forgot about this one too. No. Fail.
So, as I was writing those I felt like it really could go either way. I’m worried, but we’ll know soon enough.
*stand by for completed goal counting*
Drum roll please….. I won! With exactly half of my goals completed (nervously sweating), I just barely managed to get a win for this quarter. Phew.
Now it’s time to go into my phone’s notes and write my spring quarterly goals! It’s so weird to think that the next time I make a goal review it will be over summer break, and done with my freshman year of high school. Well… we’ll see if I see you before then, but if not, see you in three months!